Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Philosophy of Education and National Standards

As my philosophy of education I believe in giving the students an environment where they feel comfortable expressing themselves and learning in the way they can. I want to try to teach in different ways in order to cater to the children's different learning styles. The students should be able to explore and be creative and should learn a lot in the process. I think that my philosophy goes in alignment with the national standards because if the students have an environment where they can be confident and learn a lot they will be able to learn everything in the national standards. I believe as a teacher just like we learn in class I need to do everything possible to set my students up for success. It will be easier for the students to learn the standards if I as their teacher give them the tools to do so. I will help them be interested in the standards by teaching it in various ways and they will all be able to grasp the concepts. I think these standards must go hand in hand with a philosophy of education in order to be able to educate students properly and achieve the correct goals.

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    An excellent post! I especially appreciate your attention to differentiated learning. Consider your philosophy and the standards in relation to critical thinking and higher levels of thinking.
    You will be a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete